Is áit é an halla baile chun an Vicipéid a phlé is ceisteanna a chur. Is áit é chun fadhbanna teicniúla, polaisaithe agus oibrithe an Vicipéid a phlé. Is féidir leat nithe eile a bhaineann leis an Vicipéid a lua anseo freisin.
- 1 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 2 New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata
- 3 m:Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government
- 4 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 5 Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes
- 6 Accessible editing buttons
- 7 Page Previews (Hovercards) update
- 8 Catagóirí
- 9 Improved search in deleted pages archive
- 10 Clár dubh agus Article Placeholder
- 11 RfC regarding "Interlinking of accounts involved with paid editing to decrease impersonation"
- 12 Discussion on synced reading lists
- 13 presenting the project Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory and asking for a vounteer in Gaeilge Wikipedia
- 14 Aistriúchán ar an gcomhéadan
- 15 Aistriúchán ar na Leathanaigh Speisialta
- 16 Changes to the global ban policy
- 17 New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
- 18 Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships
- 19 User group for Military Historians
- 20 Editing News #1—2018
- 21 Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge
- 22 Comórtas Dhá Aspal Déag na hÉireann
- 23 Welcome to Wales! The Celtic Knot Conference...
- 24 IMPORTANT: Admin activity review
- 25 Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias
- 26 AdvancedSearch
- 27 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)
- 28 Update on page issues on mobile web
- 29 Lua foilseachán/Citation tool
- 30 Global preferences are available
- 31 Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 32 New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 33 Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors
- 34 EU Copyright Reform Update
- 35 EU Copyright Reform Update
- 36 Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now
- 37 Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October
- 38 The GFDL license on Commons
- 39 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 40 Editing News #2—2018
- 41 Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web
- 42 Community Wishlist Survey vote
- 43 Advanced Search
- 44 New Wikimedia password policy and requirements
- 45 Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019
- 46 Rudaí a fheabhsú
- 47 FileExporter beta feature
- 48 No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January
- 49 Alt Roghnaithe
- 50 Talk to us about talking
- 51 Grianghraf le haghaidh leathanach
- 52 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019)
- 53 Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April
- 54 Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request
- 55 Leathanaigh a bhaineann le EPG
- 56 Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes
- 57 Editing News #1—July 2019
- 58 Update on the consultation about office actions
Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)[athraigh foinse]
21:09, 16 Bealtaine 2017 (UTC)
New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata[athraigh foinse]
(Please help translate to your language)
The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.
You may know that Wikidata provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.
This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.
This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.
If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment on the Phabricator ticket.
Thanks go to Matěj Suchánek who developed this feature!
m:Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government[athraigh foinse]
Hi, you are invited to participate in the discussion on the proposal to make a banner through m: centralnotice to inform more people around the world about what the Turkish government has done about Wikipedia, ie all the language versions of Wikipedia are You are obscured, so in Turkey it is impossible to view the * .wikipedia.org site. To hope that the Turkish government will remove the block, it is necessary to raise awareness of this fact around the world because it is important to succeed in this mission because Wikipedia can not be seen in Turkey. With this message also for those interested, I invite him to sign the Wikimedian appeal.
21:06, 23 Bealtaine 2017 (UTC)
Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes[athraigh foinse]
Hello, and sorry to write this message in English. You can help translating it.
Starting from today, you will be able to display Wikidata changes in both modes of the recent changes and the watchlist.
Thank you! Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 08:33, 29 Meitheamh 2017 (UTC)
(wrong target page? you can fix it here)
Page Previews (Hovercards) update[athraigh foinse]
Nuair a bhíonn sibh ag cruthú teideal nua, bígí cúramach leis an dá phointe seo:
1. Úsáidtear an uimhir uatha den aidiacht sa tuiseal ginideach nuair a bhíonn an t-ainmfhocal lag: Liosta galar aicídeach. Úsáidtear an t-iolra má bhíonn an t-ainmfhocal tréan: Liosta ionsaithe Ioslamacha. A plural noun in the genitive case is followed by the singular form of the adjective if the plural of the noun is weak; it is plural if the noun has a strong plural.
2. Ní bhíonn fáth ann de ghnáth an chéad fhocal i dteideal a shéimhiú: Galair aicídeacha, agus ní Ghalair aicídeacha. First letter of a noun in a title is not normally lenited.
Agus cé go dtuigeann sibh é seo, ní mhiste é a rá arís: Uimhir iolra i gcomhair ainm catagóra: Madraí, mar shampla; uimhir uatha i gcomhair ainm ailt: Madra. No harm in repeating: Plural for names of categories, singular for names of articles.
Improved search in deleted pages archive[athraigh foinse]
Please help translate to your language
During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the Discovery team worked on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely enabling searching the archive of deleted pages. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.
Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the
Special:Undelete page, and add
&fuzzy=1 to the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=1. Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).
We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via email or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki.
Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using
&fuzzy=0 in the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=0
Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.
Clár dubh agus Article Placeholder[athraigh foinse]
Dia duit! Is mise Rebecca Ní Neill, agus tá mé an Comhordaitheoir Tionscadail le Pobal Wikimedia Éireann. Maith dom mo droch-Gaeilge (agus ag úsaid Béarla!!), tá mé ag athfhoghlaim!
I have been working hard to promote the usage of Vicipéid with more Irish speakers, as well as those learning the language at 2nd and 3rd level. This generally involves holding workshops for interested people, like this event in DCU. From these events, many participants have enquired about having a Sandbox here on Vicipéid. I know there is a communal Clár dubh, but I would like to propose that we request that a personal Clár dubh for all users. Uicipeid (Scots Gaelic Wikipedia) recently rolled this out, and found it to be an invaluable for some more hesitant new editors.
Secondly, Wicipedia (the Welsh Wikipedia) has rolled out the use of Article Placeholder. This is a form of auto-generated article (which doesn't not look like a "real" article written by users), drawing on Wikidata to populate it. There is a blog post about the Welsh experience here. In particular, on Vicipéid it would prioritise information for which there is Irish content. This has two potential positives for our community:
- It will increase exposure of Wikidata to the Irish speaking community, encouraging contribution to this increasingly important element with Wikimedia.
- In relation to holding workshops with new editors, editing Wikidata is very simple, and quick edits to add Irish translations to Wikidata would immediately be reflected in the Article Placeholder article texts.
- Go raibh maith agat as an teachtaireacht seo. Tá na smaointe seo agat an-suimiúil. Beidh mé ag smaoineamh orthu agus fágfaidh mé aisfhreagra níos déanaí. B'fhéidir go bhfuil rud éigin le rá ag daoine eile anseo freisin. I'll have more to say after I look over this, and others may have something to say also. SeoMac (plé) 21:22, 28 Lúnasa 2017 (UTC)
- GRMA as ucht an mholadh. Sílim gur smaoineamh maith é ach ceapaim go bhfuil sé tábhachtach go mbeadh an t-eolas agus na treoracha aistrithe go Gaeilge sula ndéanfaí beo é. Ní dóigh liom go mbreathnódh sé go maith ar chor ar bith dá mbeadh na 'placeholders' seo ag teacht aníos ar fud na Vicipéide agus iad (nó aon chuid daoibh) i mBéarla. Maidir leis an gclár dubh, an féidir an nasc "sandbox" a fheiceann chuile úsáideoir nuair atá siad logáilte isteach a aistriú go "clár dubh"? Tá cuntas agam ar translatewiki ach ní féidir liom teacht ar an áit a bhfuil an "sandbox" seo? (we really need to translate the "sandbox" text that appears on every user's menu to "clár dubh". Do you have any idea which project on translatewiki stores that string? I couldn't find it under Mediawiki? GRMA Nmacu (plé) 09:08, 7 Samhain 2017 (UTC)
- Tar éis dom súil a chaitheamh ar Wicipedia na Breatanaise, tá mé in amhras faoin tionscadal seo a chur i bhfeidhm ar an Vicipéid. Go teoiriciúil, is smaoineamh maith é ach go praiticiúil, an toradh a bheadh air ná go mbeadh go leor de na 'placeholders' seo á chruthú agus iad leath i nGaeilge agus leath i mBéarla - nó, sin mar atá sé faoi láthair tar éis dom sracfhéachaint a thabhairt do Wicipedia - féach mar shampla: . Deirtear nach 'leathanaigh' cearta iad ach céard í an difríocht idir leathanach agus 'placeholder' don ghnáthléitheoir? Tagann siad aníos amhail is leathanaigh iad. Is oth liom a rá nach mbeinn i bhfábhar leathanaigh/placeholders mar seo a bheith curtha ar fáil go huathoibríoch ar an Vicipéid. Le dea-ghuí, Nmacu (plé) 09:10, 8 Samhain 2017 (UTC)
- Gabh mo leithscéal go raibh mé an-déanach freagra a thabhairt. I will get back onto the developers to make sure that it appears as "Clár Dubh" in the menu. Thanks very much for your thoughts on ArticlePlaceholder. It has some benefits, as editors making very small edits to Wikidata (adding Irish translations) can see their edits go "live" elsewhere. Although we may need to put in more thought/preparation into such a roll out if we got to a place where the Vicipéid community is happier with it as a tool. Go raibh míle maith agat! Smirkybec (plé) 13:47, 25 Eanáir 2018 (UTC)
There is currently a RfC open on Meta regarding "requiring those involved with paid editing on Wikipedia to link on their user page to all other active accounts through which they advertise paid Wikipedia editing business."
Note this is to apply to Wikipedia and not necessarily other sister projects, this is only to apply to websites where people are specifically advertising that they will edit Wikipedia for pay and not any other personal, professional, or social media accounts a person may have.
Discussion on synced reading lists[athraigh foinse]
presenting the project Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory and asking for a vounteer in Gaeilge Wikipedia[athraigh foinse]
My name is Marc Miquel and I am a researcher from Barcelona (Universitat Pompeu Fabra). While I was doing my PhD I studied whether an identity-based motivation could be important for editor participation and I analyzed content representing the editors' cultural context in 40 Wikipedia language editions. Few months later, I propose creating the Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory in order to raise awareness on Wikipedia’s current state of cultural diversity, providing datasets, visualizations and statistics, and pointing out solutions to improve intercultural coverage.
I am presenting this project to a grant and I expect that the site becomes a useful tool to help communities create more multicultural encyclopaedias and bridge the content culture gap that exists across language editions (one particular type of systemic bias). For instance, this would help spreading cultural content local to Gaeilge Wikipedia into the rest of Wikipedia language editions, and viceversa, make Gaeilge Wikipedia much more multicultural. Here is the link of the project proposal: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Wikipedia_Cultural_Diversity_Observatory_(WCDO)
I am searching for a volunteer in each language community: I still need one for the Gaeilge Wikipedia. If you feel like it, you can contact me at: marcmiquel *at* gmail.com I need a contact in your every community who can (1) check the quality of the cultural context article list I generate to be imported-exported to other language editions, (2) test the interface/data visualizations in their language, and (3) communicate the existance of the tool/site when ready to the language community and especially to those editors involved in projects which could use it or be aligned with it. Communicating it might not be a lot of work, but it will surely have a greater impact if done in native language! :). If you like the project, I'd ask you to endorse it in the page I provided. In any case, I will appreciate any feedback, comments,... Thanks in advance for your time! Best regards, --Marcmiquel (plé) 22:29, 9 Deireadh Fómhair 2017 (UTC) Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
Aistriúchán ar an gcomhéadan[athraigh foinse]
Tá sé tugtha faoi deara agam go bhfuil go leor Béarla ag teacht isteach ar an gcomhéadan. Tá sé seo ag tarlú is dóigh mar gheall ar leaganach nua de MediaWiki atá ag teacht i bhfeidhm. Tá logánú déanta agam ar cuid den téarmaíocht seo agus déanfaidh mé iarracht tuilleadh a dhéanamh de réir a chéile. Nuair a fheicim aon bhotún agus mé i mbun na hoibre seo, tá mé á gceartú. Má déanaim aon bhotún, maithigí dom iad. I gcás amháin, tá an téarma "dréacht" le haghaidh "contribution" athraithe go "iarracht", rud a cheapaim atá níos cruinne agus a sheachnaíonn débhríochas le "draft". Má tá aon mholadh ag éinne nó muna n-aontaíonn daoine leis na hathruithe seo, seol teachtaireacht chugam, agus beidh muid in ann rudaí a athrú ar ais nó teacht ar réiteach éigin. Tá mé chun leanacht orm muna gcloisim a mhalairt ó éinne, mar sílim go bhfuil sé níos fearr leagan Gaeilge de shaghas éigin a bheith ann seachas an Béarla faoi mar a sheasann sé. LDG, Nmacu (plé) 09:15, 7 Samhain 2017 (UTC)
Aistriúchán ar na Leathanaigh Speisialta[athraigh foinse]
Tar éis dom go leor tóraíochta a dhéanamh thall ar translatewiki agus ar MediaWiki freisin, tá sé cinnte orm teacht ar eolas faoi cén chaoi leis na leathanaigh speisialta a aistriú. Bheinn buíoch as ucht aon eolas maidir le cén chaoi le tabhairt faoi? GRMA, Nmacu (plé) 14:28, 8 Samhain 2017 (UTC)
Changes to the global ban policy[athraigh foinse]
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[athraigh foinse]
Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships[athraigh foinse]
We wanted to inform you that scholarship applications for Wikimania 2018 which is being held in Cape Town, South Africa on July 18–22, 2018 are now being accepted. Applications are open until Monday, 22 January 2018 23:59 UTC.
Applicants will be able to apply for a partial or full scholarship. A full scholarship will cover the cost of an individual's round-trip travel, shared accommodation, and conference registration fees as arranged by the Wikimedia Foundation. A partial scholarship will cover conference registration fees and shared accommodation. Applicants will be rated using a pre-determined selection process and selection criteria established by the Scholarship Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation, who will determine which applications are successful. To learn more about Wikimania 2018 scholarships, please visit: wm2018:Scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out the multi-language application form on: https://scholarships.wikimedia.org/apply
It is highly recommended that applicants review all the material on the Scholarships page and the associated FAQ before submitting an application. If you have any questions, please contact: wikimania-scholarships at wikimedia.org or leave a message at: wm2018:Talk:Scholarships. Please help us spread the word and translate pages!
User group for Military Historians[athraigh foinse]
"Military history" is one of the most important subjects when speak of sum of all human knowledge. To support contributors interested in the area over various language Wikipedias, we intend to form a user group. It also provides a platform to share the best practices between military historians, and various military related projects on Wikipedias. An initial discussion was has been done between the coordinators and members of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. Now this discussion has been taken to Meta-Wiki. Contributors intrested in the area of military history are requested to share their feedback and give suggestions at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians.
Editing News #1—2018[athraigh foinse]
20:56, 2 Márta 2018 (UTC)
Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge[athraigh foinse]
Wikipedia:Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge is a public writing competition which will improve and translate this list of 15 really important articles into as many languages as possible. Everybody can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Galicia. To participate you just need to sign up here. Thank you very much.--Breogan2008 (plé) 14:02, 12 Márta 2018 (UTC)
Comórtas Dhá Aspal Déag na hÉireann[athraigh foinse]
The Twelve Apostles of Ireland Challenge is an edition competition seeking to create and improve articles on the Twelve Apostles of Ireland. Anyone in any language can subscribe and collaborate on building or translating articles relating to the Twelve Apostles. Medals and real icons will be rewarded to the winners. To participate, one just needs to subscribe here and start collaborating. Dia Duit! Leefeni de Karik (plé) 02:56, 27 Márta 2018 (UTC)
Welcome to Wales! The Celtic Knot Conference...[athraigh foinse]
I apologise that this invitation is in English; feel free to translate into your own language!
I would like to invite you to the second Wikipedia language conference focusing on supporting Celtic and other small and Indigenous Languages. This year 'Celtic Knot' will be at held on the 5th and 6th of July at the National Library of Wales in Wales' most famous seaside resort of Aberystwyth.
For more information on how you could be part of this great event, pop over to our website where you can also contact Jason Evans, our National Wikimedian and conference organiser. We have many speakers who will talk about what works for them, how we can learn from each other... small is beautiful...
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[athraigh foinse]
- Sorry for posting in English. There's no Gaeilge translation. Please help translate to your language. Thank you.
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc. ) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- User:Tameamseo (last edit: 2015-01-13; last log action: 2013-11-25)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thank you. --MarcoAurelio (plé) 09:39, 11 Aibreán 2018 (UTC)
Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias[athraigh foinse]
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:54, 7 Bealtaine 2018 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)[athraigh foinse]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
- Fold3 – Available content has more than doubled, now including new military collections from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Oxford University Press – The Scholarship collection now includes Electronic Enlightenment
- Alexander Street Press – Women and Social Movements Library now available
- Cambridge University Press – Orlando Collection now available
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:03, 30 Bealtaine 2018 (UTC)
Update on page issues on mobile web[athraigh foinse]
Lua foilseachán/Citation tool[athraigh foinse]
Dia dhuit a dhuine uasail! Mé féin arís! I am currently at the Celtic Knot conference, and we have been exploring the possibility of improving the citation tool here on Vicipéid. At the moment 2 editors are translating the two existing templates Teimpléad:Cite journal and Teimpléad:Lua idirlín as both book and news citations redirect to journal. If we enable the Citation tool on Vicipéid, it would make the process a lot easier if we had one translated template to use, and we are proposing to use what is currently called Cite journal. However, so that "Cite Journal" does not appear in the citation drop-down menu while editing on Vicipéid, we would like to move this template to a new one called Teimpléad:Lua foilseachán so that it is in Irish and will cover all forms of references. This means anyone who uses the cite journal template in Wiki markup it will still work. This should make citing on Vicipéid much easier, and will also be all as Gaeilge as well. This should be a very quick roll out, but obviously we did not want to make any decisions without the community! If anyone has any concerns, do let me know. Otherwise if there are no objections we will enable it. GRMA arís, agus tá brón orm Béarla a labhairt! Smirkybec (plé) 13:50, 6 Iúil 2018 (UTC)
- GRMA. Má thuigim é seo i gceart, is athrú maith a bheas ann. Tá fadhb agam le "Lua foilseachán". Is é an chiall atá leis ná "citation of publications". An modh ordaitheach atá i gceist, agus mar sin déarfainn gur "Luaigh foilseachán" a bheadh níos fearr ("Cite [a] publication"). The imperative is luaigh, not lua. (The Welsh and Breton projects are among those that leave the title of the template as "cite journal"--whatever appears on their interface--but I would like to see Irish.) I hope that makes sense.
- De réir dealraimh, tá ag éirí go maith libh ag Celtic Knot. GMMA. Trua nach raibh mé ábalta 'bheith i láthair. Bainigí sult agus tairbhe as! SeoMac (plé) 16:12, 6 Iúil 2018 (UTC)
- GRMA SeoMac! I really appreciate your feedback, and definitely would be happy to make that change to "Luaigh foilseachán". There is a hope that a Celtic Knot may be in Ireland - so hopefully we will be able to see you at one in the future. Do bear in mind there are usually scholarships to attend as well, if they are further afield :) GRMA arís! Smirkybec (plé) 00:00, 7 Iúil 2018 (UTC)
- The Citation tool is enabled. The configuration messages are https://ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Visualeditor-cite-tool-name-idirl%C3%ADn and https://ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Visualeditor-cite-tool-name-foilseach%C3%A1n. Please let me know if those messages are okay and feel free to fix them if not appropriate. They appear in the Cite drop-down menu now.
Global preferences are available[athraigh foinse]
19:19, 10 Iúil 2018 (UTC)
Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[athraigh foinse]
New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[athraigh foinse]
Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors[athraigh foinse]
EU Copyright Reform Update[athraigh foinse]
EU Copyright Reform Update[athraigh foinse]
As you might already know, there is currently a copyright reform going on in the European Union, which will affect Wikipedia and other free knowledge projects. In July, the European Parliament debated a proposal that would have been harmful for freedom of expression and collaboration online. Many Wikimedia organisations and communities took action in June and July to oppose it and contributed to the rejection of this version of the proposal.
After its summer break, the European Parliament will vote on new amendments to the European Commission’s original proposal on 12 September. Members of the European Parliament can submit such new amendments by 5 September. The European Wikimedia organisations, members of the Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU, and the Wikimedia Foundation are working on making sure amendments that protect and grow free knowledge will be on the table. These include a new approach to Article 13, but also safeguarding the public domain, freedom of panorama and user generated content.
Over the coming weeks, it will be important for Wikimedia to promote our vision of a copyright framework that helps us share the sum of all knowledge online. Should your community wish to engage in further public policy actions around this we would greatly appreciate if you coordinate with us to make sure our message is coherent across countries. We want to promote sensible copyright rules that advance access to information and knowledge instead merely stopping a bad proposal.
You can help by translating and sharing information materials in your language, sending an opinion piece to media in your country, contacting MEPs from your region with suggestions to support positive amendments, or participating in events in Brussels and Strasbourg (on 6 and 11 September, tbc).
We will provide updates soon about the community activities. In addition, we will share information and guidance on important amendments to the copyright proposal in due time.--Dimi z (plé) 13:03, 20 Lúnasa 2018 (UTC)
Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[athraigh foinse]
(Please help translate to your language)
as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the
interface-admin (Interface administrators) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[athraigh foinse]
13:33, 6 Meán Fómhair 2018 (UTC)
The GFDL license on Commons[athraigh foinse]
18:11, 20 Meán Fómhair 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey[athraigh foinse]
11:05, 30 Deireadh Fómhair 2018 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2018[athraigh foinse]
14:17, 2 Samhain 2018 (UTC)
Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web[athraigh foinse]
Community Wishlist Survey vote[athraigh foinse]
18:13, 22 Samhain 2018 (UTC)
Advanced Search[athraigh foinse]
New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[athraigh foinse]
Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[athraigh foinse]
Please help translate to your language
Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.
Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.
The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.
The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.
Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.
There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!
Imagine... the sum of all love!
Rudaí a fheabhsú[athraigh foinse]
Bhí mé ag obair ar cúpla rudaí beag ar Vicipéid agus chonaic mé go bhfuil Béarla sna leathanacha, go háirithe sna barra uirlisí. Ba bhrea liom é seo a fheabhsú agus thósaigh mé liosta anseo: https://ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/úsáideoir:Eolaíocht/Fadhbanna
An bhfuil a fhios ag duine ar bith conas is feidir liom na fadhbhanna seo a fheabhsú?
FileExporter beta feature[athraigh foinse]
Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:41, 14 Eanáir 2019 (UTC)
No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[athraigh foinse]
18:40, 16 Eanáir 2019 (UTC)
Alt Roghnaithe[athraigh foinse]
Beidh mé ag cur Ku Klux Klan suas mar alt roghnaithe. Bhí an t-alt sin ar liosta na n-iarrthóirí le fada. Tá súil agam nach mbeidh éinne ag gearán faoin ábhar. Is ciclipéid ghinearálta í seo, agus bíonn idir an mhaith, an t-olc agus an ghránna á bplé againn. Ní bheidh sé thuas againn chomh fada agus a bhí Leabhar Cheanannais, ar aon chuma! Fáilte roimh cheartúcháin agus athruithe eile ar "Ku Klux Klan". Agus ar alt ar bith eile ar an liosta. Fáilte freisin roimh mholtaí eile i gcomhair Alt Roghnaithe. SeoMac (plé) 20:57, 14 Feabhra 2019 (UTC)
Talk to us about talking[athraigh foinse]
Trizek (WMF) 15:01, 21 Feabhra 2019 (UTC)
Grianghraf le haghaidh leathanach[athraigh foinse]
Tá lógó Údarás Craolacháin na hÉireann / An BAI le fáil ar an leathanach Wikipedia Broadcasting Authority of Ireland. Ar mhiste le modhnóir an lógó a huaslódáil ag tús an leathanach Vicipéide den heagraíocht freisin le bhur dtoil?
- Rinne mé iarracht ach theip orm. Tá an lógó faoi chóipcheart ag an BAI. Tá sé ceadaithe ar Vicipéid an Bhéarla a bhfuil na servers dó suite sna Stáit Aontaithe. Rialacha eile i bhfeidhm ansin maidir le "Fair Use" agus cóipcheart. SeoMac (plé) 20:46, 5 Márta 2019 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019)[athraigh foinse]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Kinige – Primarily Indian-language ebooks - 10 books per month
- Gale – Times Digital Archive collection added (covering 1785-2013)
- JSTOR – New applications now being taken again
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Taylor & Francis, Cairn, Annual Reviews and Bloomsbury. You can request new partnerships on our Suggestions page.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17:40, 13 Márta 2019 (UTC)
Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[athraigh foinse]
10:56, 8 Aibreán 2019 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[athraigh foinse]
Please help translate to your language
Leathanaigh a bhaineann le EPG[athraigh foinse]
A chairde, sula leanaim ar aghaidh ag scriosadh na leathanach a bhaineann le EPG atá á gcruthú ag úsáideoir gan ainm (EPG UKTV, mar shampla), ba mhaith liom a bheith cinnte nach bhfeiceann éinne anseo aon mhaitheas iontu. Níor tháinig mé ar a macasamhail ar an Vicipéid Bhéarla. Níl iontu ach Béarla agus an Béarla fiú gan abairtí insan chuid is mó de na hailt. Ceapaim gur seanchara linn sa tSualainn atá i gceist. Roimhe seo ní dhearna sé ach corr-alt a chur suas faoi scannáin agus chláir i gcomhair páistí a thaitin leis. Bhí sé éasca Gaeilge a chur orthu agus bhí an chuid ba mhó díobh úsáideach dúinn. If no one sees any usefulness in these EPG-related articles, I'll continue deleting them. Just though I would ask. GRMA! SeoMac (plé) 20:25, 16 Meitheamh 2019 (UTC)
Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[athraigh foinse]
Editing News #1—July 2019[athraigh foinse]
18:32, 23 Iúil 2019 (UTC)
Update on the consultation about office actions[athraigh foinse]
Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.
This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.
For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.
Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.
Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 Lúnasa 2019 (UTC)