Plé úsáideora:Alison/Cartlann 4
Ná buair faoi, Alison... --Gabriel Beecham 23:31, 4 Samhain 2008 (UTC)
- Tá fáilte romhat, agus dhuitse féin! Is maith liom do thionscadal, tagann an dearadh leis na Vicipéidí eile anois agus tá sé níos glaine. An bhféadfainn pictiúir eile a chur isteach ar mhodh éigin (cosúil le pictiúr roghnaigh na Vicipéide Béarla)? --Gabriel Beecham 21:23, 24 Mí na Nollag 2008 (UTC)
- Brón orm, escaped my mind... --Gabriel Beecham 21:01, 14 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
(gow my leshtal nagh vel Yernish erbee aym)
Hi Alison, we've found that the .css files on the Manx wikipedia are different from those on the English one, so translated Navbox templates can end up looking odd compared to the English equivalents. Unfortunately as you can see neither myself nor MacTire seem able to change the .css. Do you have any advice, either on changing the .css or getting round the problem otherwise? So far as I know only the Navbox section is causing problems, but there may be other differences too. Gura mie ayd. -- Shimmin Beg 23:14, 19 Mí na Nollag 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Shimmim Beg. I've not a whole lot of Manx myself :) Anyways - I've temporary sysop over there and one or two unfinished tasks yet. I'll pop on over during the weekend and see if I can get it sorted. We had tons of 'fun' on here originally with the 'taispeáin/ceil' buttons but eventually got it sorted. Beidh mé taobh ansin i gceann tamaillín :) - Alison ❤ 10:37, 20 Mí na Nollag 2008 (UTC)
You probably don't know me, I am Herenvaryar from the Portuguese Wikipedia, and it's very nice to meet you... Well, I am here to ask you an immense favour, because I am in love with the Irish Language. Could you please translate these quotes into Irish please? They are from the Lord of the Rings, my favourite book, and I'd love to know how they would be in this language... If you can't do this I'll perfectly understand, but if you can (and so I hope) could you please leave me a message in my discussion page (it doesn't need to be in the Portuguese one)? Thank you a lot for your attention mademoiselle! Here are the quotes:
- It must often be so, when things are in danger: someone has to give them up, lose them, so that others may keep them.
- Go in peace. I will not say: do not weep; because not all tears are an evil.
Thank you again, and greetings from Brazil,
Herenvaryar 22:05, 22 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
Freagra ar róbó ar gv:
Tá an freagra ar mo leathanach phlé, a Alison. --MacTire02 00:02, 29 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
Ceist duit. :) Tameamseo 00:16, 17 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
Deas bheith ar ais!!
Go raibh maith agat Alison. Tá sé go deas a bheith ar ais. Tá súil agam go mbeidh mé in ann a bheith anseo níos minicí as seo amach. Le dea-ghuí, Nmacu 10:06, 4 Márta 2009 (UTC)
A chara, an bhfuil an t-am agat rud éigin a dhéanamh maidir leis na "Laethanta roghnaithe" mar a dúirt tú (Plé Vicipéide:Laethanta cothrom roghnaithe/February)?. Go raibh maith agat... Tameamseo 17:58, 4 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Oops! Ceart go leor - beidh siad déanta i gceann tamaillín. Tá a lán leathanaigh a athainmnigh ... - Alison ❤ 21:40, 4 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Agus Déanta anois :) - Alison ❤ 04:21, 11 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- GRMA, tá sár-jab déanta agat. Tameamseo 00:24, 12 Márta 2009 (UTC)
It tickles!!! MY PRECIOUS SOCKFARM!!! BAW!!
you've got mail
Check your e-mail (the address in Special:Emailuser in this wiki). The reason I contacted you here, by the way, is because I am blocked on EN and Simple. 220.127.116.11 01:30, 6 Márta 2009 (UTC)
No problem :-) At least here I can't leave your page wide open like I did over there... :/
Also, thanks for the welcome! I'm sure that it said many very nice things. Unfortunately, I don't speak a word of Irish :P. Oh well.
I hope you enjoy the slower pace here, and whatever you are doing elsewhere and IRL. Cheers! J.delanoy 03:09, 11 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks :) And yeah, it's just a standard welcome template - ná bac leis/don't mind it! Over here is my hideout where I can still be found regularly. It's a haven away from the mayhem that is enwiki - Alison ❤ 04:23, 11 Márta 2009 (UTC)
Beidh an Vicipéid Bearla i bhfad níos boichte agus tú as láthair. Stifle 15:15, 12 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Ah. Brón orm, a Stifle, ach níl aon rogha agam. Táim tuirseach den Vicipéid Béarla, agus an pholaitíocht, an drámaíocht agus an loitiméaracht. Tá beagán sos ag teastáil uaim - Alison ❤ 18:42, 12 Márta 2009 (UTC)
Your 'admirer' is back.. Jcwf 01:22, 20 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Míle maith agat arís, a Jaap. Coiscthe anois / cheers, Jaap - blocked now :) - Alison ❤ 01:29, 20 Márta 2009 (UTC)
several vandal accounts here on ga.wiki
we don't need to local-block them... just global locked :)--Nick1915 12:22, 25 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Great - thanks, Nick :) There'll likely be more ... - Alison ❤ 12:27, 25 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Well atleast you are around somewhere....--Warpath 11:19, 2 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
If not, it's no big deal. Just throwing the idea out there.
- advice...--Warpath 12:42, 4 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
Is maith liom beagan Gaeilge agamsa. Ach, go donna!! 18.104.22.168 04:02, 12 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
Would you be able to look at en:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mala (Plasticine)? It is up for deletion and I can't find any reliable source for the use of this word in Ireland other than for the town of Mallow. Thanks Ww2censor 03:10, 17 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
- Maith agat! I've commented here. BTW - I've retired from enwiki now. Nice to see you around, though :) - Alison ❤ 04:54, 17 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
- I know you retired from the enwiki but thought you might be able to assist, even momentarily. If I had not dropped Irish like a hot potato at 13 when I found out I did not HAVE to learn it (but that's another boarding school story), I might be able to read what you wrote on my ga talk page, but thanks for the input. Cheers Ww2censor 14:01, 17 Aibreán 2009 (UTC)
we'll edit in the morning we'll edit in the evening we'll edit when our mom says it's ok my Irish girl Allie Allie Allie Allie Allie and your red hair it gives BaT a boner taller than the trees in Cupertino but you are so pretty when you block us with your stupid Checkuser my Irish girl Allie ALSUUUUUUUUUUUUN you're verbally abused by wikipedians that are rude they point you to the kitchen to make them food i never agree but i find it funny cuz that exactly where women should be my Irish girl Allie Alsun Eliis Alison my Irish girl
You may well disagree, and no I did not like the scrabble logo that much either. But then the refusal to adopt it on en.wikt is just toooo recognizable. They still use silly units here in the US. Jcwf 04:30, 11 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
Ireland Portal welcome phrase
I don't want to suck you back to the en wiki, but with your Irish ability you will be able to comment on the phrase "Fáilte ar Phortal na hÉireann!" used on the en:Portal:Ireland header, which an editor says is inaccurate here. If you think it need correcting the page is en:Portal:Ireland/Welcome Thanks Ww2censor 19:28, 13 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- Someone else confirmed the wording, so thanks anyway. See you around. Ww2censor 19:56, 13 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
Botún sa Príomhleathanach
It says "Fáilte chuig an Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor is féidir le héinne í a chur in eagar" on the top of the main page. The le is used incorrectly, the word gur should be there instead. Alternatively, there could be a full stop after the word "shaor" with "le" being the first word of the next sentence, but its' current usage is incorrect. Can you please fix this, as it gives an immediate bad impression on the main page. Footyfanatic3000 20:40, 16 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- No, "Fáilte chuig an Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor is féidir GUR héinne í a chur in eagar" is surely incorrect. "Fáilte chuig an Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor is féidir GUR héinne í a chur in eagar" does not appear correct to me. Can you illustrate your point as to how it is a correct usage? It is my suggestion that you check the matter with users who possess a good grasp of grammar, such as Panu, Colin Ryan et cetera. It is not my intention to offend users of this site who appear to have laboured to good effect, but is someone who writes "sa Príomhleathanach" truly well-placed to set its grammatical standards? I understand these concerns, but kindly ensure that there is reliable authority for this usage of "Fáilte chuig an Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor is féidir GUR héinne í a chur in eagar" being correct. There are after all errors on this site. I point out that the link to Simple English Wikipedia at the bottom of the Príomhleathanach is to "Béarla Shimplí". As "Béarla" is a noun of the masculine gender, it is my suggestion that the lenition of "Shimplí" be removed as befits an adjective that follows a masculine noun. Go raibh maith agaibh.
- Sorry you misread what I was saying. I said that you could simply replace the le with gur, making "Fáilte chuig Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor gur féidir le héinne a chur in eagar" or instead put a full stop in front of "shaor" without replacing the "le", making "Fáilte chuig an Vicipéid, an chiclipéid shaor. Is féidir le héinne í a chur in eagar". Sorry for not making myself clear. Footyfanatic3000 13:03, 17 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- BTW, while I'm letting this run here, just to see what consensus shows, is féidir le héinne an Príomhleathanach a chur in eagar. Have at it :) - Alison ❤ 13:05, 17 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, never noticed how could change it. Thanks, and sorry about my error on the top of this section. I wasn't thinking. Footyfanatic3000 13:12, 17 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
That indeed would appear to clarify the point and I now comprehend what the user was attempting to say. My thanks to the user Footyfanatic3000. I have however asked the excellent user Panu to confirm whether he would feel that the new sentence is indeed the best of all possible translations. As I find myselff under some restrictions in altering the Príomhleathanach, I would request that a user with editing powers address the "Shimplí" matter upon which I previously discoursed. Go raibh míle maith agaibh. Mangaire 23:24, 17 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
The user Panu has confirmed my suspicions regarding the sentence added by the user Footyfanatic3000. As he says in his most prompt and helpful answering note;
The correct version wouldbe: "an chiclipéid shaor is féidir le cách a chur in eagar", or "an chiclipéid shaor ar féidir le cách í a chur in eagar". "...gur féidir le héinne a chur in eagar" is somewhat dialectal (Munster dialect) and it also uses indirect relative where direct should be preferred. The least you could do would be the addition of í, "gur féidir le héinne í a chur in eagar".
As I find myself still unable to alter the Príomhleathanach, I request that Alison, Footyfanatic or another should proceed immediately to change the sentence that Footyfanatic wrote as suggested by the user Panu. The current sentence simply makes an immediate poor impression on the reader. Mangaire 09:36, 18 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
How does colcannon taste like? It looks like mashed potatoes and spinach of some sort. Asasdfdgfg 23:41, 19 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- Kinda like warm mashed, buttery potatoes with cabbage in. Oh, and a hint of white onions. It's one of those 'comfort foods' - Alison ❤ 23:42, 19 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the answer Assadghjhhkjgljhfjhj 23:53, 19 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
MediaWiki copyright warning
Hi Alison, I was wondering if you answer a question for me. On both the ga and gv wikis (on others too I would assume) the mediawiki copyright warning on edit pages has changed and is now viewable in English only. This also seems to have disabled the "insert special character" section, which is very much needed on the gv project for the character ç and it's accompanying cap version. Is there any way that you know of to have that section reinstated? Or do you know who I can contact about that? Cheers, --MacTire02 16:34, 30 Meitheamh 2009 (UTC)