Failté! Bastique 21:30, 29 Meán Fómhair 2006 (UTC)
Hi there are limited articles on animals and plants and I have limited Irish as shown by my typing in English. anon.
Em. Hi. Do you realise that you just deleted the main page. "Control Z" anyone? Guliolopez 19:10, 22 Márta 2007 (UTC)
- Gosh, I cannot believe I just did that! I was trying to delete a redirect that I created, as I misspelled a word, and then I was wondering why it didn't say "cealaigh" in the deletion tab. Suffice it to say, it was a slip on my part! My sincere apologies to you! Sláinte Hoopydink 19:17, 22 Márta 2007 (UTC)
- Honest mistake I'm sure. Serious baptism of fire though! Admin rights for less than 30 minutes, and deleted the main page :) Bí cúramach agus tóg go bog é! :)
- Mo baistim le tine, go deimhin! Buíochas do tuigh! Hoopydink 19:27, 22 Márta 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Hoopydink - out of interest where did you get admin rights for this wiki? --Gabriel Beecham 19:55, 22 Márta 2007 (UTC)
- See m:Requests_for_permissions#Irish_Wikipedia. I personally didn't realise that "pleas to the gallery" was a valid means of requesting (or assigning) admin rights. I thought "administrator" was an elected position. Guliolopez 22:11, 22 Márta 2007 (UTC)
- I see. I'm a bureaucrat for this wiki so I could have granted rights in this case; the Meta route is generally used for projects with too few contributors to have local polls take place. Thanks to our modest user levels compared to other wikis the Vicipéid namespace is quite empty, meaning Vicipéid:Riarthóirí is somewhat hidden from most users and is fairly abandoned (as pointed out it hasn't been edited since the summer and I personally hadn't thought about it for months until now). I do think, however, that we have enough users to make voting for admins work; so given that we have such a low number of project/community pages, maybe it would be a good idea to list them all at the top of a commonly used page such as Speisialta:Recentchanges to make them more visible? There are quite a few prolific regulars here who probably should have rights by now; maybe we can set up proper criteria/procedures for nominations. --Gabriel Beecham 01:44, 23 Márta 2007 (UTC)
Conas 'ta tú, a bhuachaill! Táim anseo anois :) Cur ríomhphoist chugham, más maith leat. Táim im' riarthóir ar ga.wikt anois agus ... ummm .... an bhfuil aon am agat? :) Slán 's beannachtaí - Alison ☺ 05:03, 28 Lúnasa 2007 (UTC)
Hello. I'm a steward. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus recently. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on ga.wikipedia.org, where you are an administrator. Since ga.wikipedia.org does not have its own administrators' rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights, and demonstrate a continued requirement to maintain these rights.
We stewards will evaluate the responses. If there is no response at all after approximately one month, we will proceed to remove your administrative rights. In cases of doubt, we will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact us on m:Stewards' noticeboard.
Best regards, -- Quentinv57 14:00, 22 Feabhra 2014 (UTC)